***To find Part 1 of this series, click here.***
11. Hebrews 10:25 “not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together…”
- Are you irregular in your church attendance?
- Do you attend services in body only and do other things like planning your day while God’s Word is being preached?
- Have you neglected family devotions or regularly skipped Bible study, small group, etc.?
12. Colossians 3:9 “Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,”
- Do you ever lie or exaggerate?
- Do you fail to see white lies as sin?
- Do you tell things the way you want them rather than as they really are?
13. 1 Peter 2:11 “…abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,”
- Do you lust after others?
- Do you fill your mind with sex-centered TV shows, movies, books and magazines?
- Do you indulge in any lustful activity God’s Word condemns, such as premarital sex, adultery or perversion?
14. John 13:35 “‘By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.‘”
- Are you a part of factions and divisions in your church?
- Would you rather fuel a misunderstanding than help correct it?
- Have you loved only the ones in your own church, feeling that those of other denominations are not of the body of Christ?
- Are you secretly pleased over another’s misfortunes?
- Are you annoyed by others’ successes?
15. Colossians 3:13 “bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.”
- Have you failed to forgive anybody anything they have said or done against you?
- Are you holding grudges?
16. Ephesians 4:28 “Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor…”
- Do you steal from your employer by doing less work or staying on the job for less time than you are paid for?
- Do you under-pay your employees?
- Do you shop lift?
- Do you borrow and not return?
17. Ephesians 5:16 “redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”
- Do you waste your time or others’ time?
- Do you spend too much time watching TV, playing video games, checking social media, etc.?
- Do you procrastinate?
18. Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters… You cannot serve God and money.” (ESV)
- Is your goal in life to make as much money as possible or accumulate as many things as possible?
- Have you withheld your money from God?
- Is money your god?
- Do you fail to use your financial resources to help those in need?
19. Matthew 23:28 “So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”
- Do you know in your heart that you are only pretending to be a Christian?
- Are you hiding behind church membership or attendance to cover a life full of sin?
- Are you faking Christianity for social status or acceptance in your church or community?
- Are you a “Sundays-only” Christian?
- Are you the same person at home or in public as you are at church?
20. Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”
- Do you enjoy listening to gossip and/or passing it on?
- Do you believe rumors or partial truths, especially about an enemy or competitor?
- Do you fail to spend time reading the Bible every day?
- Do you fail to always think on the things of God (good, true and pure things)?
- Do you fail to allow the Holy Spirit control over your life?
*** This post concludes the series “A Believer’s Prayer of Confession.” We pray that by completing this series you have been convicted of the sins in your life, and through confessing them, have become closer to God. Feel free to repeat this process any time you like. ***
4 thoughts on “A Method for a Believer’s Prayer of Confession: Part 2”
Am I able to print, copy and share this particular method with a group I’m doing a prayer study with? This is one of the most succinct, easy to follow, and helpful confession prompts I’ve seen. Thank you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes feel free to make copies of anything on the site. You may want to start with part 1. God’s grace and peace be with you as you teach.
May God continue to bless you and the work you do for Him!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: A Method for a Believer’s Prayer of Confession: Part 1 | Time With Our Creator