Author: Elton Streyle, Photography and Editing: Ali
Heavenly Father, thank you for our mothers. Show us how we can honor them on this special day. If she has passed on, give us the joy of remembering the pleasant memories we have of her. For most of us, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 is a reminder of our mother’s love. “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” Read these attributes about love and give thanks to God for any that describe your mother. Most mothers do many or all of the following
- Protects her children from evil.
- Provides food and a safe environment.
- Forgives over and over again.
- Guides her children to God and what He has for them
- Gives comfort when a child is hurt physically or emotionally.
- Gives affirmation in the early years of life.
- Provides answers to questions that cannot be asked of anyone else.
- Has intuition to know when something is wrong.
- Offers sympathy at just the right time.
Thank you, Lord, for the joy of a mother’s love, but even more for Your Love, which is far greater.
I bring these thoughts in Jesus’ Name, Amen.