Instructive Prayer Quotes #19

Quotes selected by: Elton Streyle, Photography and Editing: Ali

“The Christian on his knees sees more than the philosopher on his tiptoes.” ~Dwight L. Moody

“Two requirements for answered prayer: need to be a Christian and have lives that are clean of sin.” ~Dr. Ed Young Psalm 63:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.

“The best way to learn how to pray effectively is just pray.” ~Dr. David Jeremiah Matthew 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

“Experiment with something different. Do Psalm 100:4 for 95% of your prayer time and spend the other 5% asking for requests.” ~Elton Streyle Psalm 100:4 “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.”

“Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” ~Soren Kierkegaard

“Prayer has been called the slender nerve that moves the mighty hand of God.” ~Source unknown

“Prayer shifts your focus away from the problem to God, the One who can handle it, giving you the solution and revealing the next step to take.” ~Dr. Charles Stanley 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s